"We've all been there and it's not a good place to be. The best part about being a songwriter is having the ability to help someone heal in the hard times with your music," says country artist John King. He tells CMT that his latest single, "Ain't Missing You," is meant to "bring some comfort" to those going through a breakup.
King's a notable Nashville artist whose debut single -- 2014's "Tonight, Tonight," was featured on CBS' Thursday Night Football. He also co-wrote Randy Houser's Billboard and Mediabase number-one single "We Went" with Justin Wilson and Matt Rogers in 2015. This earned him his first ASCAP Songwriter Award in 2016. King also penned "Rollin'" -- the first Hootie and The Blowfish song to be released since 2005 -- in 2019.
Regarding the shoot for the song's Ford Fairchild-directed video, King adds, "I remember being super excited to be around people again! It was really one of the first content days I had with my team since the shutdown, and it just felt really special to finally see everybody." As well, the Georgia-born vocalist also recalls being impressed with the video overall. "[The video] draws you in visually with these moody, dramatic shots. Ford had a vision that fit so perfectly with the overall sentiment of the song, and he absolutely nailed it! This video just grabs you from the first frame. I am so blessed to be surrounded by an amazingly talented team. It's always such a great feeling when something turns out even better than you ever imagined it would."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024