Some of the top performers in country, Americana and bluegrass music have joined forces on the new Civil War-based album, The 1861 Project Volume 2: From the Famine to the Front. The 21 songs specially written for the album chronicle the experiences of Irish immigrants who fought on both sides of the war. Among the artists contributing to the project are Sierra Hull, Jerry Douglas, Connie Smith, Maura O'Connell, Irene Kelley, Carl Jackson, Peter Cooper, Jim Rooney, Verlon Thompson, Chris Jones, David Olney and Steve Gulley. Thomm Jutz produced the project for the artists collective Cohesion Arts. He, Peter Cronin and John Hadley are the principal songwriters. The first volume of the The 1861 Project was released last year to coincide with the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War. Members of the collective have performed songs from the project at various Civil War sites.
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024