Though fall's cool crisp air has finally arrived, Thomas Rhett just released "Slow Down Summer, his latest single. He promises it is the premiere single from his sixth studio album entitled Where We Started, expected in early 2022. Moreover, he's offered that this is the first of two albums -- also completing his "Country Again" record from 2021 with a "Side B" -- that we will hear from the crooner with 18 career No. 1 hits next year.
"Slow Down Summer" is a string-laden ballad co-written by Rhett alongside his dad and new Nashville Songwriters Hall of Famer, Rhett Akins, plus Sean Douglas, Jesse Frasure, and Ashley Gorley.
"I wrote this song from the point of view of two people who are in love during senior year of high school," Rhett explains via a press release. "I envisioned them headed off to different schools and they're starting to understand that the moment the weather starts to change, they've got a 99-percent chance this relationship is not going to work. I know that myself and a lot of people have been there before, wishing the fireworks stage doesn't have to end."
Insofar as "Slow Down Summer"'s potential has Rhett's 19th chart-topper, the vocalist's quote regarding working with his father from Nov. 1's Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame induction ceremony sounds promising. "I have learned so much from you and will continue to learn from you. It's mind-blowing that we get to work together as songwriters and we have such a blast doing it. I love you and tonight was so well deserved. Can't wait to see what the next years bring your way."
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024