Jimmie Allen is set to join the ABC special event Juneteenth: Together We Triumph-A 'Soul of a Nation,' which will air Friday, June 18. The event will honor the observance of Juneteenth, a holiday commemorating the end of slavery in the United States on June 19, 1865.
Allen will join fellow performers Leon Bridges and Chloe Bailey (of Chloe x Halle) for the event, which Leslie Odom Jr will host.
Co-anchor Michael Strahan features a one-on-one interview with former President Barack Obama about race, resilience, and Obama’s book A Promised Land.
Several ABC News anchors and correspondents will help share an array of stories during the program. Linsey Davis will look at allyship and collaborations/partnerships seen over the past year. Kenneth Moton will highlight the struggles and discrimination Black farmers have faced and examine how funds earmarked in the stimulus package could bring aid. Zachary Kiesch will offer additional footage from his "Soul of a Nation" interview with H.E.R. Meanwhile, Steve Osunsami will highlight how Black-owned businesses and the "Buy Black Movement" endured and surged in recent years.
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024
- Jackson Dean Promises "One Helluva Time" On Headlining Tour, Reveals He's Sequencing New AlbumJackson Dean: "I had a hard time fathoming at 14 years old that I could go and make music on another continent, and people would show up and sing."02/14/2024
- CMT Premiere: Cody Jinks Makes New "Outlaws and Mustangs" Video A Family AffairCody Jinks: "The important things in life show themselves when family is near."02/13/2024