Brett Eldredge teamed with songwriters Nathan Chapman and Heather Morgan for his moody new song “I Feel Fine.”
Chapman also produced the album and Grant Claire directed the video, which Eldredge said he wanted to “portray this super confident person who has found confidence through a chance to stick up for themselves against the bullies - internally and externally - in their life.”
“I had this idea to be smoking a cigar, sipping some whiskey and just embodying that persona of not letting those mental bullies run your life,” Eldredge said. “You have control of your life. This is the first time I had smoked a cigar in a long time and I was coughing like crazy and laughing a lot and I could taste it for like three days after. The video looks incredible, and it was all worth it. Sometimes you just gotta be an actor, you gotta take on the role, and that’s what I did."
Eldredge said the video brings the song to life in a way that’s “very cinematic and very confident.”
“It’s very much me stepping into myself and being very comfortable with who I am as a person,” he said. “It has this really bold imagery of strength and power that you find in yourself and I just love it so much.”
The singer hopes fans watch the clip and listen to the words of the song and feel strong about themselves and in control of their lives.
“People and worries and anxieties and all these things can really weigh you down and it’s tough,” Eldredge said. “If you really find that power within yourself, no one can make that decision for you. You have to make it for yourself. I hope people find that they can do that for themselves and be there for themselves. I hope that is what this video does for them.”
He called seeing the final video for the first time “really surreal.”
“We had talked about wanting to make it cinematic and feel like the intro to a big movie or TV show,” he said. “When I saw it, I was just so amazed by what he did with it. It’s amazing how he was able to keep it simple but also powerful and I was just so impressed by how picturesque and how emotional it turned out to be.”
“I Feel Fine” is from Eldredge’s new album “Songs About You” that will be available June 17. The collection will feature 12 songs co-written by Eldredge including the previously released “Want That Back” and “Holy Water.”
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024
- Jackson Dean Promises "One Helluva Time" On Headlining Tour, Reveals He's Sequencing New AlbumJackson Dean: "I had a hard time fathoming at 14 years old that I could go and make music on another continent, and people would show up and sing."02/14/2024
- CMT Premiere: Cody Jinks Makes New "Outlaws and Mustangs" Video A Family AffairCody Jinks: "The important things in life show themselves when family is near."02/13/2024