Country music star Kane Brown and his wife Katelyn rolled into the New Year as a family of four, as they secretly welcomed their second child Kodi Jane Brown on Dec. 30 in Nashville. After spending 2021 in the limelight, the couple decided to keep Katelyn’s pregnancy on the down-low – leaving fans flabbergasted when they took to social media to announce the lovely news.
“New Year, New family❤️ welcome to the family Kodi Jane 🥰 secrets finally out,” says the multi-platinum artist on Instagram, alongside a precious photo of their newborn daughter wrapped in a soft lavender blanket and matching bonnet.
As the hitmaker and Katelyn managed to hide their daughter from devoted country music fanatics for a long nine months, Brown recently told Audacy’s Mo & StyckMan that they also kept the pregnancy from his mom as well.
“I didn’t even tell my mom!” Kane confessed before explaining that Katelyn had to go the extra mile to cover the growing bump under her clothes. “We definitely had some wardrobe changes and all kinds of things,” he laughed.
During the brief interview, Brown mentioned that his tiny family had adjusted perfectly to their new normal with the little one now in the picture. In fact, his two-year-old daughter Kingsley has even been helping out around the house.
“I don’t know if she [Kingsley] knows it’s her sister yet, but she is killin’ it,” the proud girl dad gushed. “Every time the baby cries…she’s like, *gasp* Baby! She’s like, ‘Daddy, Daddy – baby!”
He continued, “The other day…Kate was holding her [Kodi] on the couch, and the baby started crying. There was an empty bottle that Kate literally just fed her…[Kingsley] jumped up and got the bottle off the table and gave it to Kodi.”
Shortly after Kodi’s birth, the award-winning musician left his girls behind to kick off the second leg of his Blessed & Free Tour. While out on the road, Brown shared a touching tribute to his wife and thanked her for keeping the family safe.
“On the last leg of the tour❤️ I just want to thank everyone on my team who made this possible, also to the venue people, the fans, and artists!! BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY by baby @katelynbrown,” Kane wrote on Instagram under a carousel of photos featuring tour highlights. “Two babies at the house while I’m on the road for the last month and still holding the fort down. Your basically superwoman and I just wanted you and let everyone else know how appreciative I am of you! My rockstar❤️,” he concludes.
The supermom immediately showed her love and support by commenting with a string of heart emojis. Late January and before the special shout-out, Brown revealed that he and his wife got matching tattoos in honor of their new daughter. The two also have a meaningful ink stain dedicated to their oldest, Kingsley Rose.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024