Scotty McCreery is one-quarter Puerto Rican, and he's creatively leaning into his Latin heritage for the first time with his new collaboration with Gusi.
McCreery and Gusi revealed the video for their sexy, lighthearted, uptempo "Why She Gotta Be Like That" today.
"The song is fun, and that's what I wanted to bring to the video," McCreery said. "Plus, I've wanted to bring my Latin heritage into my music, and being able to do this duet with Gusi helped me to reach that goal."
McCreery wrote "Why She Gotta Be Like That" with James McNair and Jordan Schmidt. Gusi added additional lyrics and helped with the Spanish translation of the song. Frank Rogers, Derek Wells and Aaron Eshuis produced the song, and Jeff Ray produced and directed the colorful clip.
"The director, Jeff Ray, is always so great to work with," McCreery said. "He makes it so easy. Unfortunately, Gusi and I couldn't be in the same city during the making of this video, but it feels like we are."
Ray achieved that by placing clips of the men singing separately in brightly-hued circles that artfully move across the screen.
"I hope it brings a smile to their faces and that they love the song," McCreery said. "And I hope if they are not familiar with Gusi, that they will have discovered a new musical fave."
McCreery couldn't be happier with the song or the video.
"I loved it," he said. "Just felt so right for that song!"
The North Carolina native's episode of CMT Stages came out May 3. Watch it here:
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024