While backstage at the 56th ACM Awards, award presenter (for Single of The Year) and well-regarded hit maker Martina McBride stated in a press conference that she's both likely to release her first album in five years, plus hit the road for a tour during the second half of 2021.
“Hopefully, I’m gonna get back on the road,” said the “This One's For The Girls” vocalist. “I think starting in July through the end of the year, and we are so excited. It’s been too long, and I miss it so much, so I’m ready to get out and see all the fans and just sing together.”
Like numerous other artists, 13 months of quarantine have found the veteran star occupying herself with a vigorous schedule of songwriting and recording. Regarding her current in-studio work, the "I Love You" singer continued, “[I'm] working on new music. Just trying to get it all together. It’s been exciting to be back in the studio and be creating, for sure.”
This would be McBride's first release since 2016's top-five Billboard country chart release Reckless. That album's titular single reached the top-40s of Billboard's Country Airplay chart. Plus, the LP notably featured covers of Lady A's "It Ain't Pretty" and "We'll Pick Up Where We Left Off" by rock act O.A.R.
Recently, on her daytime talk program, Kelly Clarkson covered McBride's 1997 hit "A Broken Wing" for her "Kellyoke" karaoke segment. The track was written by James House, Sam Hogin, and Phil Barnhart. Released as the second single from her 1997 album, Evolution, it became McBride's second number one hit.
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024
- Jackson Dean Promises "One Helluva Time" On Headlining Tour, Reveals He's Sequencing New AlbumJackson Dean: "I had a hard time fathoming at 14 years old that I could go and make music on another continent, and people would show up and sing."02/14/2024
- CMT Premiere: Cody Jinks Makes New "Outlaws and Mustangs" Video A Family AffairCody Jinks: "The important things in life show themselves when family is near."02/13/2024