Blake Shelton returns with an introspective look at faith and spiritual struggles on his new single, "Bible Verses," which releases today. In the new song, Shelton shares the struggle to reconcile life choices with faith each time he opens the Bible. As he sings in the track, he longs for a moment when it feels like those apostles are giving me the Gospel and not the third degree/I just want it to read like bible verses and not the bible versus me.
The song was written by three newcomer songwriters—Joe Fox, Andrew Peebles and Brett Sheroky.
"No matter where you are in your faith, there are times you feel like you just don't measure up. 'Bible Verses' is an honest take on that conflict but, without preaching too much, it's hopeful that everything will all work out in the end." Shelton said via a press release.
The track is the latest release from Shelton's upcoming album Body Language, set for May 21, and follows his No. 1 hit with Gwen Stefani, "Happy Anywhere," as well as "Minimum Wage."
"Bible Verses" is the latest of a few tracks from Shelton that have hinted at faith, such as his No. 1 hits "God's Country," "God Gave Me You" as well as his 2016 release "Savior's Shadow."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024