Carrie Underwood's eagerly anticipated Easter Sunday morning, “My Savior: Live From The Ryman” livestream raised more than $100,000 for nonprofit organization Save the Children, which provides programs to promote childhood education and fight hunger.
Recorded at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium, the show featured Underwood, alongside numerous special guests, performing traditional hymns that the country singer sings on her new album, My Savior. Alongside the seven-time Grammy winner were CeCe Winans and NEEDTOBREATHE’s Bear Rinehart, who are featured on the album. Winans and Underwood performed “Great Is Thy Faithfulness,” while Rinehart added vocals for “Nothing But The Blood of Jesus.” Underwood also welcomed other My Savior collaborators, including 10-time CMA Musician of the Year winner Mac McAnally and harmonica legend Buddy Greene, to join the Ryman proceedings.
Via a press release, Underwood noted, “It means so much to be able to bring this event to people in their homes on a day that holds so much meaning for us spiritually and to be able to raise much-needed funds and awareness for the incredible work of Save the Children as we celebrate the importance of family.”
“My Savior: Live From The Ryman” will remain exclusively on Carrie Underwood's Facebook page for 48 hours.
Underwood added, “This is an album I have always wanted to record, and I’m thrilled to be able to bring these uplifting, inspirational songs to life in this special way.”
On My Savior, which released March 26, Underwood reunited with co-producer David Garcia, who previously worked on Underwood's 2018 album Cry Pretty.
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024