Jimmie Allen is already known as a singer, songwriter, music executive and author--now is is adding "Executive Music Producer" to his list of credits.
The "Freedom Was A Highway" hitmaker has signed on as the executive music producer for the Netflix sports reality series Titletown High, which debuts Aug. 27. A previously unreleased Allen song, "Big in a Small Town," is set as the theme song for the show.
"It's full of football and drama, it's a good one!!!...Can't wait for y'all to watch," Allen said via Instagram in announcing his role in the series.
According to Valdosta Daily Times, Jason Sciavicco (creator of the 2006 MTV reality series Two-A-Days), will direct the show, which follows Georgia high school football team The Valdosta Wildcats through its first season with head coach Rush Propst. The show will concentrate on the daily lives of the members of the team--including stories of love and rivalry.
Allen also recently released the expanded "Gold Edition" of his 2020 EP Bettie James, while his collaboration with Brad Paisley, "Freedom Was A Highway" is earning country radio airplay. He also just celebrated the release of his book, My Voice Is A Trumpet.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024