Sam Hunt is about to be a new dad, and he recently revealed he’s seeing pink.
“I haven’t talked about this, but I have a little girl on the way,” Hunt said on Country Countdown USA. “I have a baby coming in about eight weeks. I blocked out two months at the end of May and early June. Really, this year revolves around that big news in my life.”
In February, Hunt’s baby news hit the headlines when his estranged wife Hannah Lee Fowler filed for divorce – twice – citing inappropriate marital conduct and adultery.
But now, he gets to reclaim his happy news. He says that he and Fowler are still thinking about a name for their daughter.
“I want her to be in the world before we name her,” Hunt said. “I want to be able to look at her and decide what name suits her best.”
He said he’s also collecting advice from his famous friends who have had children, including Russell Dickerson, whose son was born in 2020.
“I saw Russell Dickerson a few weeks ago; we talked about fatherhood. I tried to pick his brain,” Hunt said. “Over the last four or five years, I’ve had a lot of buddies who’ve had their first kids. So, I feel I’m ready for it.”
A new baby won’t be the only new addition to Hunt’s life this year – he’s also expecting a new album.
“I was able to write some songs in 2020,” he explained. “I’ve got three or four songs recorded. I imagine over the summer I’ll put some songs out and hopefully have the album finished later this year.”
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024