Derek Leung/Getty Images
Over the weekend, Old Dominion performed at Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion in Gilford, New Hampshire, and they treated concertgoers to the group's first-ever performance of a new song, "No Hard Feelings."
The group shared a segment of the song's debut with fans via Instagram.
"We've never played this song before," Old Dominion's Matthew Ramsey told the crowd during the show. "This is a brand-new song that we've never played for anyone, so the maiden voyage of a song we wrote about moving on."
"No hard feelings/no bad vibes/I can honestly say I'm happy to see the happy back in your eyes," he sings in a snippet of track, which offers a laid-back, uplifting take on a fizzled relationship.
The group recently released the radio single "I Was on a Boat That Day," and told Billboard the idea for the song took shape eight years ago, around the same time they wrote their breakthrough hit "Break Up With Him."
"We didn’t set out to write a beach song or a water song," Ramsey told the outlet. "That was just a title and an idea that we had. We never wrote it, but it’s come up a lot throughout the years until, finally, this go-around."
The song was finally written in 2020 by Old Dominion along with co-writers Shane McAnally and Josh Osborne, as the band decamped to Echo Mountain Studios in Asheville, North Carolina, to work on a forthcoming album.
- CMT Roundup: New Music from Keith Urban, Jenna Paulette, Scotty McCreery and moreFind this week's newest country songs on CMT's Roundup playlist.03/01/2024
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024