If you take Brantley Gilbert literally, you can learn a lot about his fiancee, Amber Cochran, just by listening to his music.
She’s right there in the lyrics of his songs.
After Cochran accompanied Gilbert to the CMA Awards earlier this month, there were no more secrets about his soon-to-be wife and former childhood sweetheart.
And while we don’t know much about her -- other than the fact that she is a school teacher, which I think is hysterical when you consider the kind of grammar Gilbert uses in his songs -- we do know Cochran has inspired Gilbert’s songwriting.
If she truly is the muse for his lyrics, then I think it’s safe to assume these things about Cochran.
1. She is in every song he sings and in every song he writes.
2. That girl is his best friend.
3. When they broke up years ago, it's like she stole his way to breathe.
4. She rides shotgun like it ain't no thing.
5. She’s a pretty little mama lookin’ at him like that, which makes him wanna slide on in like, "Girl, what's up?”
6. She'll have him on his knee, "Can I marry you?"
7. In a field full of Daisy Dukes, she has a rockin' little body and long tan legs.
8. And she sure ain't scared to show 'em.
Gilbert says he’s a “blessed man” to have Cochran back in his life. In several interviews, he’s mentioned she was the one who got away.
This is Gilbert’s second engagement. He and Jana Kramer called off their wedding in August 2013.