Sam Hunt revealed this week that his baby girl has arrived.
Hunt said on stage Tuesday at the Star's for Second Harvest charity concert in Nashville that he and his wife Hannah Lee Fowler have welcomed their daughter.
"I recently had a baby girl named Lucy Lou," Hunt said, according to Country Now.
The singer didn't say when his daughter was born but explained that his view on life changed "a couple of weeks ago."
"I think being out here, and in the music business and being out on the road, has sort of hardened my heart," Hunt shared. "My heart's definitely a lot harder in a lot of ways since I left that small town. It's amazing how that little girl melted that all away overnight a couple of weeks ago. I've been filled with a lot of gratitude these past couple of weeks. I just want to say up here on the Ryman stage how grateful I am to have been a part of Country music for the last 10 years."
Hunt and his wife have endured a tumultuous year up to this point. Fowler filed for divorce twice - citing inappropriate marital conduct and adultery -- earlier in the year. The filing is how news of baby Lucy's impending arrival was discovered. The couple eventually reconciled, and Fowler asked the court to dismiss her divorce filing once again.
Hunt opened up about the baby to Country Countdown USA before her arrival, explaining he took some time off to be with her and that he and his wife wanted to meet their little girl before naming her.
"I haven't talked about this, but I have a little girl on the way," Hunt said. "I have a baby coming in about eight weeks. I blocked out two months at the end of May and early June. Really, this year revolves around that big news in my life."
He said he's also collecting advice from his famous friends who have had children, including Russell Dickerson, whose son was born in 2020.
"I saw Russell Dickerson a few weeks ago; we talked about fatherhood. I tried to pick his brain," Hunt said. "Over the last four or five years, I've had a lot of buddies who've had their first kids. So, I feel I'm ready for it."
A new baby won't be the only new addition to Hunt's life this year – he's also expecting a new album.
"I was able to write some songs in 2020," he explained. "I've got three or four songs recorded. I imagine over the summer I'll put some songs out and hopefully have the album finished later this year."
- CMT Roundup: New Music from Keith Urban, Jenna Paulette, Scotty McCreery and moreFind this week's newest country songs on CMT's Roundup playlist.03/01/2024
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024