I have so many questions about Adele's Instagram post on Tuesday morning (Jan. 30).
Like, are those rose gold cowboy boots?
Where can you find a good salmon pantsuit these days?
Where was this taken?
Where'd she get that perfect Dolly Parton wig?
And more importantly, does this mean she is collaborating with Parton somehow?
A post shared by Adele (@adele) on
Adele posted the picture of herself dressed head to toe as Parton, without sharing an explanation for what it all meant. She just called the country legend the effortless queen of song.
"We love you! We wish we could possess an ounce of your ability. You were the hero of our night! A hero of my life. I'll always love you x," Adele wrote.
This isn't the first time Adele and country music have crossed paths. She and Darius Rucker covered Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" live on the 2010 CMT Artists of the Year special. The collaboration was recorded and later released on a Target deluxe edition of 2011's 21. In a previous interview with CMT.com, she revealed the Lady A hit served as the principle inspiration behind 21's "Don't You Remember."
"When I was in the studio in Malibu, this was the last song I wrote while I was recording, and 'Need You Now' was everywhere," Adele said. "You could not even change your radio station without it being played. You couldn't escape it and, luckily, I loved it! (laughs) Or it would have been awful! But the feeling the song gave me, I was trying to channel it in my own song."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024