Follow Chef Loreal Gavin as she serves up delicious farm-to-food truck recipes using locally sourced foods from America’s top urban farms. New recipes will be uploaded weekly through April on CMT’s YouTube channel.
Grilled PB & J
Total: 25 min
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 5 min
Yield: 4 PB & J Sandwiches
1 pack of unflavored gelatin (1/4 of an ounce)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 pounds fresh strawberries (frozen is ok too)
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups water
2 cups raw unsalted, shelled peanuts
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 cup fresh mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
8 slices of thick cut brioche or Texas toast
2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter ( for toasting the bread )
For Strawberry Jam:
In a small saucepan, dissolve one pack of unflavored gelatin into the fresh lemon juice on low heat.
Wash your fresh strawberries, pat them dry, then remove and discard the green tops.
Next, combine your strawberries, water and sugar.
Cook this mixture down until it is reduced by half or for about 15 minutes on medium-high heat.
If you are using frozen strawberries, you can directly add them right into the pan as well, it will just take longer to cook.
Once the jam has reached a honey-like consistency, remove it from the heat and let it cool for at least 30 minutes before use.
Making Your Homemade Peanut Butter:
Place a sauté pan over medium heat and add peanuts, coconut oil and salt.
If you can't find unsalted peanuts, then feel free to omit the salt in the recipe.
If you can only find salted and roasted peanuts, then add the melted coconut butter into this portion of the recipe.
Toast the nuts in the oil for about 7-10 minutes, or until they reach a golden brown consistency.
Once the perfect caramelized color is achieved, remove the pan from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
Now it’s time to make peanut butter! Add your toasted peanuts into a mortar and pestle (a food processor works as well), and process your peanuts until the desired texture is achieved.
Next, add the peanut mixture into a mixing bowl.
With a spatula, add the mascarpone (cream cheese works as well), honey and salt into the bowl with the roasted peanuts and coconut oil.
Mix until combined.
Assembling Your Perfect PB & J:
Gather your thick-cut bread and brush both sides with melted coconut oil or butter.
Spread the peanut butter on one side of the bread and the jam on the other.
Place them together and get to toasting!
Toast both sides of the sandwich in a large saucepan using a heat-resistant spatula to flip it.
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024
- Jackson Dean Promises "One Helluva Time" On Headlining Tour, Reveals He's Sequencing New AlbumJackson Dean: "I had a hard time fathoming at 14 years old that I could go and make music on another continent, and people would show up and sing."02/14/2024
- CMT Premiere: Cody Jinks Makes New "Outlaws and Mustangs" Video A Family AffairCody Jinks: "The important things in life show themselves when family is near."02/13/2024