Scott Gries/ImageDirect (2000)
Yes, it's been two decades since the Dixie Chicks dominated country radio with "Cowboy Take Me Away," which rose to No. 1 this week back in 2000. Written by Marcus Hummon and the band's fiddle player Martie Seidel, this sweet song showcased the band's gift for melody and musicianship. You'll notice that there are no actual cowboys in the video -- these three women didn't need to be swept away -- but the special effects are soooo Y2K.
A groundbreaking band of that era, Dixie Chicks collected ACM, CMA, and Grammy Awards for the corresponding album, 1999's Fly. (They also won a Grammy for "Ready to Run," the album's lead single.) All in all, Fly sold more than 10 million copies and led to a 2000 win for CMA Entertainer of the Year. Step back in time and enjoy Dixie Chicks' "Cowboy Take Me Away."
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024