On the latest episode of Home Now Radio on Apple Music Hits, the powerhouse vocalist sparked a conversation around joining forces with the British heartthrob and revealed that she’s a very “big fan.”
“I’m really a big fan of Harry Styles, and he’s apparently a fan of mine as well,” the five-time Grammy award-winner shared. “He likes to sing ‘You’re Still The One,’ and he performs it sometimes in his show, his live show, which is really cool and a huge compliment,” she added.
The “Watermelon Sugar” singer is known for putting his own twist and Harry flare on popular tracks. For instance, he has played with “Girl Crush” by Little Big Town, Lizzo’s “Juice,” and Fleetwood Mac’s hot hit “The Chain.” In 2017 his devoted fan base snagged their tickets to the Harry Styles Live On Tour in a matter of seconds, leaving the hitmaker to expand his run into 2018.
The One Direction alum called in country music songstress Kacey Musgraves to tackle the U.S. and Canada dates. During their trek, the two would duet Twain’s chart-topping hit “You’re Still The One.” While rocking a deep blue suit that complemented his starry night-themed acoustic guitar, Styles declared that the love ballad is one of his “personal favorites” to a roaring crowd at Madison Square Garden in New York.
According to Twain, the two are no longer strangers. In fact, they have each other on speed dial. “Harry and I are texting friends. Yes, I’m bragging,” the country trailblazer said while laughing. In previous interviews, Twain did not hesitate to mention that working with Harry Styles would be a “dream collaboration.”
“You and I should definitely do a duet together,” the country-pop princess recently said on the radio show directly addressing the pop phenomenon. “We could do a version of one of your songs. I love your music. We could do a version of one of my songs, or we could just write a song from scratch and go from there.”
Following her brilliant idea to cook up some magic in the studio, she touched upon their shared passion for fashion. Styles has eye-catching staples such as tailored suits, bell-bottom pants, fresh suspenders, and of course, leopard print.
“One thing that I think is really cool that we share is we like to wear leopard print. Leopard print is a Shania Twain signature print, but Harry Styles can borrow it, of course, because he’s so cute and talented. So yeah, you’ve got my permission. Go ahead. Wear it. Just don’t wear it out,” she gushed while giving her fashionista blessing.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024