For years, Dierks Bentley has brought his daughter Evie on stage to sing with him. But this weekend, the teen hopped on stage for what might be her biggest crowd yet - The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Evie joined her dad on stage to cover ZZ Top’s “Gimme All Your Lovin’” at the end of his set.
“That’s my daughter, Evie; she’s going to help me out on this one, give her a Texas-sized welcome,” Bentley told the audience.
Evie joined her dad on the first verse and then tackled the second and third verses on her own. The pair, dressed in coordinating flannel shirts, circled the 360-degree star-shaped stage waving at the cheering audience.
Bentley and his daughter managed to take in some of the rodeo before they performed and told Mark and Jay O’Shea from RODEOHOUSTON Unplugged that they were marveling over the size of the building when they drove in.
“We were going, ‘Woah, that’s a big building,’” Bentley said. “You mix that with all the respect I have for this rodeo in general and the family I have in Texas, and it’s a lot to think about and then try and forget before you walk on stage.”
While Evie has performed with her dad hundreds of times, she said she was still “very excited.”
“It’s normal,” she said of the experience. “It still feels different every time, but it’s super fun.”
She did admit singing for more than 70,000 people is “a little nerve-wracking.”
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024