Jason Kempin/CMT2020/Getty Images for CMT
Travis Denning is engaged to country music royalty.
Denning proposed to Madison Montgomery, daughter of “I Swear” singer John Michael Montgomery, over the weekend in New York City’s Central Park.
“I knew after three months that you were the one,” Denning wrote on Instagram. “Honestly, I think I knew the moment I met you. I feel like I’ve known you for a thousand years. We’ve been through so much together, and I can’t wait for the rest around the corner. I wrote this song back in May 2019 about this moment. I love you.”
Denning, known for songs “ABBY” and “After a Few,” posted an adorable candid video montage of his fiancée flaring her nostrils, dancing and acting silly.
“Guess what just came? You’re going to get that in about a month,” he sang as he flashed the ring on the screen. “Saved three months like they told me to. In and out of that store for a week or two.”
In another post, Denning prompted followers to swipe right to see Montgomery’s ring finger and added #shesaidyes.
Montgomery, who has been dating Denning for more than two years, wrote that he was her “best friend forever.”
- CMT Roundup: New Music from Keith Urban, Jenna Paulette, Scotty McCreery and moreFind this week's newest country songs on CMT's Roundup playlist.03/01/2024
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024