Del Rio, Texas, native William Beckmann delves into the anguish, confusion and mystery left in the wake of a fizzled romance on his latest release, "In The Dark."
According to his bio, Beckmann was raised on classic country music, as well as the mariachi and Norteño sounds of northern Mexico. Now, he counts artists such as fellow Del Rio native Radney Foster as mentors. Beckmann has previously released songs such as the sterling "Bourbon Whiskey," which he penned when he was only 19. Beckmann is also signed as a songwriter with Warner Chappell Music.
Of "In The Dark," Beckmann says, "I wrote ‘In the Dark’ one afternoon about two years ago when I happened to be visiting my parents in Del Rio. I came up with the guitar riff and recorded it on my phone. Next thing I knew, I was muttering the words that eventually became the lyrics to the song. It’s a song about misunderstanding and unanswered questions. It felt special when I wrote it and it continues to be one of my favorite songs to play.”
The music video for "In The Dark" was filmed at Brinkley Mansion, a stately mansion in Del Rio that was built in the 1920s.
“I had this idea of dressing up in a suit and walking around the dark hallways and bedrooms of the place. The house itself has a lot of weird history tied to it. The guy who built it was named John R. Brinkley and he was kind of eccentric. I have been in that house many times and was always fascinated with the antique furniture and trap doors that Brinkley had installed. There’s a wood panel on the wall in the office that actually opens up. They say Brinkley would hide whiskey in there since he built it during Prohibition. Luckily, the people who live there now are close family friends. They let us shoot the video there and it was such a cool experience. It really captured the essence of the song.”
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024