Today, Tracy Lawrence releases the second installment of his three-part, 30th anniversary project, with Hindsight 2020 Volume 2: Price of Fame. The 12-track collection follows the dozen songs previously released for Volume 1: Stairway to Heaven Highway To Hell.
The new project continues with Lawrence's signature '90s country sound, and he welcomes Eddie Montgomery for the album's title track "Price of Fame," a study of the sacrifices artists make to chase--and maintain--their musical ambitions. "Keeper of the Stars" hitmaker Tracy Byrd joins Lawrence for "Holes in the Wall."
"'Holes in the Wall' is a song on that album that just sounded like it needed a fun collaboration," Lawrence adds. "I thought, who better to have than my buddy, Tracy Byrd!"
The album mixes new compositions with remakings of some of Lawrence's classics, stretching back to his debut album Sticks and Stones with the 1991 hit "Somebody Paints The Walls." The project also includes an updated version of 1995's "If The World Had a Front Porch," and his 1994 hit "I See It Now."
"As I approached releasing 30 songs, celebrating my 30 years, it was natural to recreate some of the songs that were a major part of my journey and mix those up with new songs that have never been released," Lawrence says of the project. "Can't wait for everyone to hear this next set of songs - some we've given a second life to and also, the new ones that I hope fans embrace the way they've done over these past 30 years."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024