On a recent appearance on comedienne Ellen DeGeneres' talk program, Garth Brooks noted that his 15-year marriage to Trisha Yearwood is "like 200 years in Hollywood, you know that, right?" Country music's beloved husband and wife tandem were guests on the show for a segment wherein they offered marital advice to audience members, remotely joining the program via Zoom.
Brooks continued with his cheeky statements regarding setting the right ambiance for romance, saying, "I think music is the big thing to set the mood for me. And I don't know if you listen to country music, but one of the greatest female voices ever on the planet is this gorgeous blonde named Trisha Yearwood. That'll get you in the mood right there."
Yearwood also added, with a similar joking tone, "You do need the right music, and there is this very sexy singer-songwriter guy who always gets me in the mood. Maybe you've heard of him, his name is John Legend."
All jokes aside, Brooks framed a particularly poignant point about his 15-year marriage being "like a duet" by saying, "You gotta harmonize, you gotta make your partner feel like they're a star. And if not, you're gonna turn into a solo act pretty damn quick if you know what I mean."
He punctuated the point by singing a few bars of a song inspired by he and Yearwood's partnership: "Never go to bed angry, it ain't worth the fight/If you're wise you will compromise, and hold each other tight/Better learn to say yes, dear, every day and night/Only one thing to remember, the wife is always right."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024