Unlike many of us, queen of country Dolly Parton didn't spend much of the last 500 or so days in comfortable sweatpants wading through the daily slog of quarantine. In a recent Wall Street Journal article, the legendary vocalist did, however, explain what she wore instead of a "Coat Of Many Colors."
"I don’t wear sweatpants. But I do like to be comfortable like everybody else. I have my own little house clothes, like a little dress-type teddy, a long teddy, then I have a little jacket or shirt to match if I get cold," Parton recalled. "I call them my baby clothes because they’re soft like a baby. But I don’t wear sweat clothes."
Expanding on the idea of not wearing sweat clothes, it was asked to Parton if she -- like other female country stars of the present like Carrie Underwood, for instance -- had a pandemic workout routine to pass the time. Instead of a definitive answer outlining a strenuous calisthenics routine, she replied that she was "not big on going to the gym," and "particular about who [she sweats with]." Her answer highlighted her Pentecostal faith upbringing.
"I create my own rejoicing exercises! I grew up in the Pentecostal church where we used to do a lot of shouting and jumping around. I keep my motor running in the mornings when I just shout through the house praising the Lord. It gave me an idea to create some easy exercises, and I’m making music to go along with it. Something that even people in wheelchairs or people that are older or sick can do. I thought I could create something joyful, where you were doing something for a reason rather than yourself."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024