Jeff Kravitz/Getty Images for CMT
Multi-platinum artists Maren Morris and Ryan Hurd took to the 2022 CMT Music Awards Monday night (April 11) to share the recently released track, “I Can’t Love You Anymore.” While gazing into each other’s eyes with romantic string lights lining the stage, the two brought the vulnerable lyrics to life.
The female powerhouse serenaded her country artist husband, Ryan Hurd, with a tambourine in hand to keep the beat. As the “Chasing After You” artist strummed his acoustic guitar – a traditional country full-set band, which included the steel guitar, drums, and keyboard, played along to the love song.
Mike Coppola/Getty Images for CMT
Morris proves that she is a storyteller at heart, as she perfectly describes her endless love for her husband and pin-points all his redeeming qualities.
“You bring me coffee every morning | You’re fun even when you’re boring | And you like me even when I’ve been a b*tch | You watch me while I’m gettin’ ready| You lighten up my heavy| You’re so good lookin’ it kinda makes me sick,” she belted under the enchanting neon pink lights.
As the country couple conveys the diary-like melody, fans could almost feel their love radiating off the stage and through the television screen. Morris penned “I Can’t Love You Anymore” alongside Hurd and pop maestro Greg Kurstin.
The fairytale act at the 2022 CMT Music Awards follows career-altering news, as the LP recently broke the record for the most first-day and first-week streams on Amazon Music for a country alum by a female artist. Morris released the critically acclaimed collection on March 25 and penned the wine-night anthems and soul-touching ballads alongside Hurd, Julia Michaels, Natalie Hemby, Lauren Veltz, Jimmy Robbins, and Jon Green.
Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for CMT
Mid-tempo anthem “Circles Around This Town,” which emphasizes the Nashville hustle as a singer-songwriter, scored Morris a nomination in the Female of the Year category. The hitmaker was up against other empowering females – Brandi Carlile, Gabby Barrett, Kacey Musgraves, Mickey Guyton, Miranda Lambert, and Tenille Arts.
The charming performance of “I Can’t Love You Anymore” will be included in the CMT Music Awards Extended Cut on April 15 on CMT. The must-watch version will consist of 30 additional minutes and will have extra never-before-seen content.
- CMT Roundup: New Music from Keith Urban, Jenna Paulette, Scotty McCreery and moreFind this week's newest country songs on CMT's Roundup playlist.03/01/2024
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024