CMT Listen Up artist Sam Williams' debut album, Glasshouse Children, has finally arrived. The ten-track album featuring duets with Keith Urban ("Kids") and Dolly Parton ("Happy All The Time") is described, in a press release, as an "introspective meditation on hurt and healing, growth and loss, and sin and redemption, but more than that, it’s a reckoning with fate and free will and the family ties that bind us."
Regarding the album track "Happy All The Time" -- a duet with Dolly Parton -- Williams recently told Apple Music's Today’s Country Radio with Kelleigh Bannen that he "absolutely could not believe it. I played it eight times over and cried and...it really changed my life. I've been working to have a record that I felt was deserving of [the blessing of a Parton collaboration] since then. And now we're finally here."
“Glasshouse Children has been a long time coming and it feels amazing to finally have it out in the world,” says Williams via a press release. “I really wanted to experiment with a variety of different sounds on this album and push the boundaries of what country music is. All the while, keeping that honest, gut-wrenching lyricism and diving into somewhat heavy topics, not only for myself, but for everybody else who’s out there listening and wrestling with the same questions I am. At the end of the day, I wasn’t interested in making something just to say I did it or to pat myself on the back for honoring some kind of family tradition. I wanted to honor that legacy and carry it on in my own way with truth and integrity."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024