A long-time supporter of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Kane Brown was recently named a lifetime member of the 161-year-old organization. He can also add partnering with Lowe's to open the East Lake Boys & Girls Club in his hometown of Chattanooga, TN, among his significant recent partnerships with the organization.
Brown -- also a former Lowe's employee -- is partnering with Lowe's through their 100 Hometowns initiative, which aims to complete 100 impact projects as part of a $10 million pledge to support communities across America.
Regarding the project, Brown told PEOPLE the following:
"It's amazing just to see it done. It's also really cool that Lowe's started it in my hometown, and I got to do the Boys & Girls Club, which I'm also really close with, so I feel like I'm giving back to them. They still have 99 other projects to go for other communities, and we're just excited that they're going to feel the same way we feel about this one."
In March 2021, the crooner also donated $100,000 of the earnings of his big single "Worldwide Beautiful" to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Related to this gift, the organization responded, “Special thank you to our friend Kane Brown for his generous donation! All proceeds from his song ’Worldwide Beautiful’ will support our mission, including advocating for equality for the millions of kids that are counting on us.”
Currently as well, Brown is preparing himself for his 35-date Blessed and Free Tour, which kicks off October 1. It will see him play 35 venues, including 29 National Basketball Association arenas. Tickets for those dates are available by clicking here.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024