(CMT Offstage keeps a 24/7 watch on everything that's happening with country music artists behind the scenes and out of the spotlight.)
"I'd love to forget about my past, but it ain't gonna forget about me." Those were practically Gunnar's brother Jason's last words on Wednesday's (Feb. 27) episode of Nashville. And while he was saying that to Gunnar while they were fighting over a gun, I was thinking what a perfect country song that would make. Then Jason died later in the episode, which just made that remark about the past even more poetic. The whole episode was really supposed to be about Rayna and Teddy's scandalous divorce and a tabloid reporting the news with a cover story headlined "Country Queen & Mr. Mayor Call It Quits." And, of course, what scandalous divorce would be complete without the other woman (Kimberly Williams Paisley as Peggy) wanting some quickie sex in the mayoral office and the scorned woman (Rayna) singing an inappropriate love song to Deacon at his birthday party. I think it was called "Pour Me Something Stronger Than Me" and was about how she is killing time between her sins. Also, in other semi-related subplots, Gunnar and Scarlett finally consummated their relationship, and Deacon got the world's cutest yellow Lab puppy.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024