Following allegations of “inappropriate marital conduct” and “adultery” by wife Hannah Lee Fowler in February, the country music star Sam Hunt stepped back into the limelight and brought NFL friend Rob Gronkowski along for moral support.
On Sunday, March 13, the multi-platinum artist headlined the Strawberry Festival in Plant City, Fla.
While wrapping up his set with “Body Like a Back Road” from the fan-favorite 2020 record “SOUTHSIDE,” the country crooner called out Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Rob Gronkowski “Gronk” to the stage.
With a rowdy crowd cheering at the top of their lungs, the legendary athlete joined the hitmaker on stage to sing the chart-topping track. Hunt offered Gronk the microphone in a short video captured by a content creator, but he kindly declineed to show off his dance moves.
As Hunt thanked fans for coming out and partying, the professional athlete interacted with excited ticket-holders.
“LET’S GO BUCKS!!!❤️☠️ #Brady #Gronk #Tampa #Bucs #LFG,” the fan captioned the viral concert footage on social media. The video that showcases Hunt’s bromance with the legendary NFL player garnered over 17K views.
The friendship does not come as a surprise, as Hunt attempted to pursue a career in football before honing in on his artistry. Hunt grew up in Cedartown, Georgia, and was his high school’s quarterback. After a successful run, he went on to play at the collegiate level at Middle Tennessee State University in 2003. Hunt later transferred to Alabama Birmingham in 2005 to receive more playtime.
Shortly after his last college game, he tried out for the Kansas City Chiefs. In 2008, the Grammy-nominated artist was not selected for the NFL draft – which encouraged him to build his country music career.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024