Willie Jones follows up his January-released debut album Right Now with "Down By The Riverside," a summer-ready country-trap heater highlighting the familiar stylings of the singer's Louisiana roots. “This song is straight Louisiana jambalaya: swampy, sexy and drippin’ all over the floor,” says the performer. “[Songwriters Josh Logan, Jason Afable and I] have a great chemistry and this one hits hard from that first harmonica lick and keeps you greasy ‘til the end.”
The single is Jones' first since signing to Sony Music Nashville after releasing Right Now under a previous deal with Empire Records. The album has proven quite successful for Jones so far. He's debuted at the Grand Ole Opry, and performed the well-regarded single “American Dream” on NBC’s The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Regarding his mindset while recording the album, Jones told PEOPLE, "To live with the Right Now state of mind is to just be present and be thankful for the moment," he said. "I named the album Right Now because I just wanted the statement of just being grounded. This moment is all we had. Can't go forward, can't jump back, just gotta be right here and that's what I try to maintain."
Related to his next career steps, he's excitedly compared his situation to that of a cowboy. "They are rockstars in their own right. If you're getting put up against bulls and horses, you have to love that. And I love what I do and I like to have a good time doing it."
- CMT Roundup: New Music from Keith Urban, Jenna Paulette, Scotty McCreery and moreFind this week's newest country songs on CMT's Roundup playlist.03/01/2024
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024