Keith Urban revealed his first world tour in four years Wednesday morning with a hilarious video from his backyard that makes it clear how much the “Long Hot Summer” singer misses the road.
In the clip, Urban mimics the motions of his live show – throwing his guitar to a stagehand (or his lawn guy) - who fails to catch it.
“I’ve always considered myself a live performer first,” Urban said in a statement. “It’s what I’ve always done, and it’s what my music needs to live and breathe. Our shows are all about living in the moment. They’re a totally interactive and immersive experience where everyone can participate in whatever way they want - sing, dance, do whatever.”
Urban’s THE SPEED OF NOW WORLD TOUR launches in Tampa, Florida, on June 17 and wraps its way around the U.S. and Canada for five months before pausing in St. Paul, Minnesota, on Nov. 5. Ingrid Andress will open the tour.
“Every night is the first time we’ve played these songs for that audience, in that moment,” Urban said. “It’s why every show is different – spontaneous and unpredictable – even for us! After two years, we’re finally gonna get the chance to play some of the new songs we haven’t done live before. We’ll throw in a bunch of the songs that everyone comes to hear, a couple of which we’ll rework a bit, and it’s really gonna be tough to get us off the stage.”
Fifty additional shows will be announced in Australia, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K. in the coming weeks.
Tickets for Urban’s THE SPEED OF NOW WORLD TOUR and his May 27 - 29 dates at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas go on sale 10 a.m. Dec. 10.
For more information, visit keithurban.com.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024