Warner Music Nashville celebrated its healthy roster of hit artists Saturday night with a family reunion of sorts at the sold-out Ascend Amphitheater in Nashville. Cole Swindell headlined the event with support from Ingrid Andress, Randall King and Shy Carter. But it was Randy Travis – who wasn’t on the roster – who stole the show.
Before he took the stage, an exuberant Swindell welcomed Travis to the backstage area, which was a space between the tour buses at the loading dock. Travis’ wife Mary was there, and Swindell bounded off his bus, shook Travis’ hand and said, “Thank you for being here. Oh man, I don’t even want to go on stage now. I just want to hang out with you.”
Swindell then led a toast to Travis, his band and crew raising their shot-sized red solo cups.
“Randy, thank you so much for all you’ve done and for inspiring us and being kind to new artists everywhere,” Swindell told Travis. “You’re the best. I’m proud to be a fan. Thank you for being here.
“Forever and ever amen, on three,” Swindell told his crew.
Later in the show, Swindell incorporated Travis’ name into his new single “She Had Me at Heads Carolina.” He also brought Travis on stage and told fans the Country Music Hall of Famer is “one of my biggest influences.”
Swindell’s Ascend Amphitheater set included his hits “Chillin’ It,” “Single Saturday Night,” “Hope You Get Lonely Tonight” and his most recent No. 1 song “Never Say Never.” He’s also gearing up for a new tour.
Swindell revealed plans this week for his headlining Back Down To The Bar Tour that will launch Sept. 23, 2022, at Floores Country Store in Helotes, TX. Ashley Cooke and Dylan Marlowe will be Swindell’s supporting acts on the tour. He’ll return to Nashville near the end of the tour to headline Ryman Auditorium on Nov. 3
“We had so much fun on the Down To The Bar Tour in the spring that I decided we just needed to go Back Down To The Bar in the fall!” laughed Cole Swindell. “I couldn’t NOT take Ashley Cooke back out with us on this tour because she is just incredible and fans love her. I’ve also been watching what Dylan [Marlowe] has been doing for a while now so I’m so excited he is going to join us. Touring has just had a new meaning this past year and I can’t wait to show the fans what we have in store for them on the Back Down To The Bar Tour!”
Swindell’s Down Home Crew will have the opportunity to purchase tickets for the Back Down To The Bar Tour during the “Down Home Crew Presale” beginning Tuesday June 14 at 10 a.m. local.
Tickets will go on sale to the public 10 a.m. Friday, June 17. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.ColeSwindell.com.
Cole Swindell’s Back Down To The Bar Tour:
Sept 23 Helotes, TX Floores Country Store
Sept 24 Fort. Worth, TX Billy Bob’s Texas
Sept 30 Round Rock, TX Round Rock Amphitheatre
Oct. 1 Tulsa, OK Cain’s Ballroom
Oct. 6 Grand Junction, CO Amphitheater at Las Colonias Park
Oct. 7 Prescott Valley, AZ Findlay Toyota Center
Oct. 13 Birmingham, AL Avondale Brewing Company
Oct. 14 Owensboro, KY Owensboro Sports Center
Oct. 20 Erie, PA Warner Theater
Oct. 21 Boston, MA House of Blues | Coreyfest
Oct. 22 Huntington, NY The Paramount
Nov. 3 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
Nov. 4 *Biloxi, MS Beau Rivage Resort & Casino-Beau Rivage Theatre
Nov. 5 Fayeteville, AR JJ’s Live
Nov. 11 **Verona, NY Turning Stone Resort Casino
Nov. 12 Johnstown, PA Cambria County War Memorial
Nov. 17 Saint Augustine, FL The Saint Augustine Amphitheatre
Nov. 18 Orlando, FL Hard Rock Live Orlando
Nov. 19 Pompano Beach, FL Pompano Beach Amphitheater
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024