Alongside Blake Shelton's 19-year-old Philadelphia native team member Cam Anthony winning Season 20 of The Voice, the season finale episode of the popular, fan-voted, and celebrity-judged singing program featured significant representation from country music. Artists including Kelly Clarkson, Kelsea Ballerini, and Thomas Rhett also performed live.
Clarkson appeared for a duet performance of Keith Whitley's 1988 country smash "When You Say Nothing at All" with mulleted countrified Season 20 favorite Kenzie Wheeler. During the season, the neotraditionalist also performed covers -- to considerable acclaim -- of songs originally made into hits by the likes of George Strait and Tracy Byrd.
Kelsea Ballerini -- similar to Clarkson -- made a repeat appearance on this season of the program, singing her new single "Half of My Hometown." However, she was not joined by Kenny Chesney for this appearance. Rather, Wheeler sang here too, calling this appearance a "dedication song" to his hometown of Dover, Florida. He referred to the song as a "tribute to the friends and family who helped make him who he is today."
Thomas Rhett made a virtual, socially distanced appearance, singing his latest single, "Country Again." Alongside the multiple appearances by Kenzie Wheeler, Rhett's appearance singing about his desire to return to his traditional country roots underscored a very timeless country feel to a portion of the evening's proceedings.
Interestingly, Cam Anthony's victory marks the eighth win by a Blake Shelton team member in the two decades that The Voice has aired, more than any other coach in the program's history. Though the accomplishment is impressive, it also must be noted that Shelton has been featured on all 20 of The Voice's seasons.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024