Miranda Lambert is coming to your TV – again.
On the heels of announcing that she penned the song “Y’all Means All” for the new current season of “Queer Eye” on Netflix, Lambert revealed a documentary about the making of “The Marfa Tapes” will premiere on Paramount+ Jan. 20.
“The Marfa Tapes” is directed by Spencer Peeples and follows Lambert, Randall, and Ingram for five days as they pen their Grammy-nominated album around the campfire and record it in the renowned Texas arts hub.
“I think you just let your guard down out here a little bit,” Lambert said in the documentary. “You’re free to be you. It’s scary, it’s risky and very, very vulnerable and not have any fixes and not have any production, it’s just let the wind blow and the birds and the cows. I feel like we’re taking people on a raw and intimate journey.”
The documentary includes candid interviews with Lambert, Randall and Ingram, as well as behind-the-scenes footage captured when the album was made in 2020. The location is comfortable for the trio, who have gone there to write for more than five years.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024