Randy Travis' just-released "From The Vault" edition of his three-decade-old Christmas single "There's A New Kid In Town" has been refreshed by the country icon alongside rising country performer Drew Parker.
“We’re looking for the King / The new Messiah / We’re following the star / Shining brighter / Old man won’t you help us if you can / He shook his head / But he pointed his hand,” sings Travis in the original being added to via Parker's collaboration. Regarding the process of working with Travis -- especially for the video -- the performer offers, "I just remember getting to spend quality time with Randy and his family out on his ranch in Texas. Driving around the property and getting to take in all of God’s creation with one of my heroes. It was a very special day and one I’ll remember for the rest of my life."
In relation to the song itself, the fact that he was chosen to work with Travis on the collaboration of sorts profoundly impacts Parker, who says, "I hope [country music fans] can see that I plan on carrying on the kind of country music that Randy started years ago. The kind of music that I want to make [is] country music about fun, faith and family."
Seeing the video, in full, deeply resonated with Parker, as Christmas is his favorite holiday and Randy Travis is a personal inspiration. "Getting to feel those Christmas traditions and emotions while watching a video of me getting to spend time with Randy Travis is incredible. There’s a scene in this video of me and Randy sitting on a couch in his awards room at his house. We shot that scene one time and when we got done I told the director that whatever had just happened in that room couldn’t be replicated."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024