(Photo by Phillip Faraone/Getty Images for Gateway Celebrity Fight Night Foundation )
The Emmy-nominated show was broadcasted on the WB and then the CW for six seasons, from 2001 to 2007. The network TV show became a cultural phenomenon, as it tells a story about a blended family. The singer turned successful Hollywood actress plays a single mother of three who is navigating suburban life in Houston, Texas. In mid-July, McEntire told “The Bobby Bones Show” that the cast was pushing for a “Reba” reboot.
“We’ve really been trying hard to do a reboot of the Reba show. I really want to work with the people that I got to work with during that six and a half years. It was fun, the cast, the crew everybody we got to work with and play with, they were wonderful people,” the hitmaker recalled. “We wanted to get back together like a reunion and have fun. So, hopefully that will happen one day.”
When “GMA” anchor Michael Strahan asked about the filming process, he did not receive the answer he wanted to hear. McEntire confirmed that the cast and crew pumped their brakes on a reunion, and fans will have to wait a little longer for the family to get back together.
“Unfortunately not. I thought we were getting really close,” shared McEntire. “But nope. Not gonna be able to do it for right now. But we’ll keep seeing if we can get in there somewhere,” she added.
Until the “I’m A Survivor” singer can return as her bubbly character Reba Hart, fans can catch her as the villain in the upcoming season of “Big Sky: Deadly Trails.” McEntire [Sunny Brick] and real-life boyfriend Rex Linn [Buck Barnes] serve as a shady couple in the action-packed series, where they are murder suspects and owners of Sunny Day Excursions.
McEntire told “GMA” that she pulled from world-renowned thespians and movies to prepare for her mysterious role.
“Betty Davis, Joan Crawford, ‘Hush…Hush, Sweet Charlotte,’ and ‘Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.’ Those kind of movies. As a matter of fact, the other day, we did this one scene. I looked over at my boyfriend, who plays my husband on the show, Rex Linn and I said, ‘Wasn’t that Betty Davis or what?’” she recalled while laughing.
This is far from the first time the two lovebirds performed together on the big screen.
“We been working together since ’91. We were in “The Gambler” movie with Kenny Rogers, and then we did a movie for Lifetime this summer in Canada. It’s called “The Hammer,” and we were kind of love interests. Now we get to play husband and wife – Buck and Sunny.”
McEntire says that she reads through her scrips multiple times before stepping foot on set and practices with Linn at home.
“He makes me rehearse so much. By the time we get on the set, I know my lines, your lines, your lines…but it’s fun,” she pointed out with a beaming smile.
“Big Sky: Deadly Trails” is set to premiere tonight, Sept. 21, on ABC. Episodes are set to air on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET/ 9 p.m. CT.
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024