Over the past several years, numerous music newcomers to Nashville have spoken of their journeys from sports to music--some simply had a greater passion for singing and songwriting, while others turned to music after being sidelined by injuries. But many of today's country hitmakers, the love of the game has stayed with them--so much so, that one Nashville softball team has a stacked lineup of country artists in its ranks.
Chris Lane recently shared a snapshot of himself as part of Nashville Sports League team The Recoupables--which also includes Jordan Davis, HARDY, Jon Langston, Lane, Jameson Rodgers, Hunter Phelps, and Jordan Walker, among others. And judging from a series of posts from the team's players, The Recoupables just won a local championship game.
"The Recoupable’s are your 2021 World NSL Champs...what a team, what a coach, what a time to be alive!" Lane captioned the photo.
Jordan Davis also shared a photo of the team's members, captioning his post with, "You can’t coach heart…Many doubted “The Recoupables”…But this morning we woke up Champions."
In an episode of The HARDY Show last year, HARDY (who recently notched his first No. 1 with "One Beer," and has penned No. 1 hits for Florida Georgia Line, among others) took fans along during a game. The video highlighted other artists who are or have been part of the team, such as Riley Green and Ernest.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024