Jason Kempin/ACMA2019/Getty Images for ACM
Scotty McCreery's wife, Gabi has a bun in the oven!
The country couple is expecting their first child in November of 2022. McCreery confirmed the exciting news with People and revealed that they will be welcoming a baby boy into the world.
"We got a little man on the way," shared the father-to-be.
The "American Idol" alum declared that they always wanted to start a family, but was waiting for the perfect time.
"We always knew we wanted kids, but we always knew we wanted the first few years to travel and have time on the road, to see things and experience life," McCreery told the outlet. "We've gotten to live a lot of life and do some cool things, so seems like now's a good time to settle down a little and expand the family," he added.
The two are high school sweethearts and tied the knot in 2018. The 28-year-old nurse said she mapped out a strategic way to break the pregnancy news to her husband, but it quickly got derailed. Gabi wanted to spill her secret after picking her husband up from the airport and before a date night to a hockey game.
"Well, his flight got delayed, so that didn't work out," she explained. After the sudden curveball, Gabi shared that she held off and told her husband the morning after.
The "Damn Strait" singer said he always expected to be a girl dad.
"I was the only boy on both sides of my family, the last McCreery boy out there," he clarified. "Gabi's from two sisters in her family, so I just figured it would be a girl. But we got a surprise of a boy."
The happy couple revealed to the publication that they would have been "stoked" for either a boy or girl. Although, McCreery is now looking forward to registering his son into sports and spending quality time.
"I grew up playing sports, so getting to introduce him to baseball, which was my first love right there with music, and golf are just little things that [will be great]," he pointed out.
Gabi confirmed that she would place her career as a pediatric nurse on the back burner once the baby arrives and shared that her line of work prepared her to become a mother. The multi-platinum artist said that having a medical professional as a wife has calmed his nerves.
"I definitely feel like it's prepared me in many ways," she explained. "If the baby coughs, I'll be like, 'Hey, Gabi, is this okay? What's happening here?' So, knowing that she has that experience, I think will be huge," McCreery added.
The chart-topping performer recently (June 21) revealed the news on social media, and fathers within the country community rushed to the comments to show their endless support.
- CMT Roundup: New Music from Keith Urban, Jenna Paulette, Scotty McCreery and moreFind this week's newest country songs on CMT's Roundup playlist.03/01/2024
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024