The video for "If I Didn't Love You" -- Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood's passionate new duet -- has arrived. The clip was directed by Shaun Silva and filmed at Nashville’s Schermerhorn Symphony Center and centers on the pair capturing the tension of an unresolved relationship. The song was produced by Aldean's longtime collaborator Michael Knox and written by his bandmates Kurt Allison and Tully Kennedy alongside Lydia Vaughan and John Morgan.
“Carrie was made for this song, but also for this video,” says Aldean via a press release. “I’m glad that she was down to get together to make it...it’s something that turned out a little outside of what I’d normally do, which is always cool."
The song is the lead single from Aldean's forthcoming tenth studio album. Its recent release was historic, marking the highest debut of a solo male/female duet since the inception of the Billboard Hot Country charts. “I’m usually not a guy into doing real sappy-type love songs — not that this is sappy. It’s more of a kind of breaking up and getting over it kind of song. To me that’s a kind of love song,” Aldean told iHeart Country about “If I Didn’t Love You” during a recent interview. Aldean then cited legendary pairings as Dolly Parton with Kenny Rogers, George Jones with Tammy Wynette, and Tim McGraw and Faith Hill as inspiration for his desire to perform with Underwood. “When you get it right, it’s really cool,” Aldean noted.
Currently, Aldean can be seen live on stage with his Back In The Saddle 2021 tour with special guests HARDY, Lainey Wilson, John Morgan, and Dee Jay Silver. For more information, click here.
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024
- Jackson Dean Promises "One Helluva Time" On Headlining Tour, Reveals He's Sequencing New AlbumJackson Dean: "I had a hard time fathoming at 14 years old that I could go and make music on another continent, and people would show up and sing."02/14/2024
- CMT Premiere: Cody Jinks Makes New "Outlaws and Mustangs" Video A Family AffairCody Jinks: "The important things in life show themselves when family is near."02/13/2024