In a heartbroken Sunday (July 11) social media post, veteran singer-songwriter Jake Owen -- whose single "Made For You" was a quarantine era number-one hit -- revealed tragic news about Slash, his beloved German Shepherd. "I lost one of my best friends last night unexpectedly. The drs said his stomach had 'flipped' and even with emergency surgery, it wasn't enough to save him...I didn't even make it home in time to say goodbye."
The youngest of the musician's German Shepherds, Slash, was rushed into surgery after an unexpected medical emergency. "[Slash was] the sweetest most loving dog I've ever had," noted Owen. "[He] was more like a human than a dog." Notably, in replies to his post, Karen Fairchild of Little Big Town offered her condolences, and as well Travis Denning, who wrote, "Man I am so sorry. I know what that feeling is like. Sending love yalls way."
It's been quite the emotional roller coaster for Owen regarding hospital trips and family in 2021. Back in April, the vocalist's daughter Paris Hartley spent her second birthday at Monroe Carrell Jr. Children's Hospital at Nashville's Vanderbilt University after suffering an asthma attack. Via Instagram, he noted that he "never expected" to spend his birthday with his daughter in that manner. As well, he continued to write, "Thanks to everyone at @vumcchildren for being so helpful and caring for her," Owen wrote. "She seems to be doing a lot better and Erica and I are very thankful and overwhelmed by the kindness and support that so many of y'all out there have shown to us."
- CMT Roundup: New Music from Keith Urban, Jenna Paulette, Scotty McCreery and moreFind this week's newest country songs on CMT's Roundup playlist.03/01/2024
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024