irginia Sherwood/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
All Brett Eldredge wants for Christmas is a clean bill of health.
Country music's unofficial Christmas ambassador shared on social media Thursday that he had to cancel his weekend shows in Chicago because he just tested positive for COVID-19.
"Today has been a really rough day," Eldredge said.
The singer explained he'd been feeling like he had a cold the last few days. Eldredge had been tested for COVID-19 recently, and the test was negative. But today, just before he went to the airport to fly to Chicago to play his "favorite show of the entire year, the Glow Show in Chicago," he got tested one more time.
"Unfortunately, it turns out I have COVID, which really sucks," Eldredge said. "I've been so excited about playing this show, and I know a lot of you have been so excited to go to it."
Eldredge's weekend shows have been rescheduled for Dec. 29 - 30.
"I promise you it's going to be one of the best shows you've seen," Eldredge said. "I'm going to try and heal up."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024