Several country artists are adding the title "author" to their resumes this year, including Lauren Alaina. The "Getting Over Him" singer will release her book, Getting Good at Being You: Learning To Love Who God Made You To Be, on Nov. 2, 2021.
“Be sure to BOOK your calendars for November 2nd," Alaina said via social media. "I’m releasing my WRITE of passage, Getting Good At Being You. Can’t wait for you to read it. It’s available for preorder online everywhere books are sold and on shelves in November. Thank you times a million to Trisha Yearwood for writing the foreword."
In the upcoming book, Alaina shares her journey in the spotlight on American Idol and Dancing With The Stars, along with the lessons she has learned about battling self-doubt and feeling comfortable in her own skin. She discusses losing a loved her, her battle with an eating disorder and offers advice for others on how to love themselves, chase their dreams and forgive others who have wronged them.
The book also includes behind-the-scenes photos from Lauren's career in country music, along with lists, tips and practical strategies for boosting self-confidence.
So far this year, a crop of country artists have announced book releases. Brett Young will release the children's book Love You, Little Lady on Aug. 24. Jimmie Allen's My Voice is a Trumpet releases July 13, while on June 29, Willie Nelson released Letters to America. Kelsea Ballerini also announced she will release a book of poetry, Feel Your Way Through, on Nov. 16.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024