The six men co-wrote the song together, and it is Bentley's 21st No. 1 song. HARDY and BRELAND perform on it with him.
There was nothing but love as the men talked about creating and performing the song together.
"This is such an eclectic group that everyone brings some crazy energy to the room," Bentley says. "I'm good at balancing a lot of stuff. My game is more like once the song is finished and the horse is going to do what it takes you to get out there and get across the line. It's fun collaborating with these guys because everyone brings something so special to the table. And everyone in here is an artist."
BRELAND says the song's magic lies in its ease.
"There's something about just a simple song with a simple melody, especially with people being back outside and being able to get back with some of their old friends and do all the things that help us communicate and relate to one another," he says. "'Beers On Me' is perfect for a world that's moving toward post-pandemic life."
Bentley laughs at the idea that BRELAND's part in the song is simple. It's so complicated that Bentley had to come up with a new arrangement of the song to sing when BRELAND isn't around to cover his part.
"I used to try to do that, and it was embarrassing," Bentley said. "I sing HARDY's verse, which I can do pretty well. If you want to hear the BRELAND verse, you go see a BRELAND show."
Bentley said the BRELAND wrote his verse in just 20 minutes, and HARDY was impressed.
"It was just such a perfect blend of a really cool country lyric, but with a very, very R&B thing to it," HARDY explained of BRELAND's verse. "It worked perfect with the song, and it made me jealous when I heard it. I was like, 'Damn, can I like rewrite my verse?'"
The singers say they learned from each other.
"I love how everybody can sort of contribute their own thing in one song," HARDY said. "I just think that that's really cool that the three of us have something different to offer."
"Just having a chance to get to know them and to see what they stand for, these are two really incredible dudes," BRELAND added. "Seeing how Dierks balances family and work is something I aspire to do. Seeing how HARDY has built his fan base and how much energy he puts into every show is incredible to watch."
Bentley called the group a "songwriter/artist fantasy camp."
"Luke Dick up here is probably the best entertainer in the whole group," Bentley said. "Hardy sang the demo. Luke's playing the guitar part, doing all the creative stuff. And Ashley and Ross are both the biggest songwriters in this town."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024