Less than three months after HARDY's tour bus crashed, seriously injuring everyone on board, the "Wait in the Truck" singer flung himself into the wrestling ring.
Monday night on WWE Raw, HARDY jumped over the ropes and into the spotlight when he cracked Joseph Yokozuna Fatu - professionally known as Solo Sikoa - across the back with an acoustic guitar. The instrument splintered across the hulking California native's back. The wrestler didn't flinch as he turned his wild eyes to confront HARDY, who held his hands up and backed away.
HARDY teased the appearance on his socials on Monday ahead of the show.
WWE posted a clip of the confrontation on Instagram and wrote: @hardy learned a valuable lesson in this moment, don't mess with @solosikoa 😳. #WWERaw
HARDY's appearance came during Solo Sikoa's match with Elias, who portrays a musician. After the match, HARDY said that when his fellow musician needed help, he felt like he had to jump in.
WWE revealed on Monday that HARDY will perform the song "Sold Out," the official theme song for Royal Rumble, live on January 28 at the Alamodome in San Antonio.
The appearance is a slamming way for the singer/songwriter to kick off 2023. The previous 12 months were packed with milestones for HARDY. In addition to recovering from a serious bus crash, he also won BMI Songwriter of the Year in November, revealed his headlining tour and announced his sophomore album that will be available on January 20.
HARDY's hit duet with Wilson, "Wait in the Truck," is now on country radio.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024