Popular independent Texas singer Wade Bowen is haunted by a relationship that didn’t work out in his song “Everything Has Your Memory.” He’s processing those emotions its accompanying music video – and making his acting debut simultaneously.
Written by Bowen, Eric Paslay and Heather Morgan, “Everything Has Your Memory” details what it’s like to look around and constantly see evidence of lost love. He wanted to bring those feelings to life in the music video.
“I think this song is so melody driven that you can forget about the intensity of the lyrics,” Bowen said. “That’s what this video does. It shows the sadness and heartbreak that comes with losing someone you love … while ya sing along.”
Bowen hopes to show a different side of himself in the video directed by Quinton Cook. While he enjoyed playing the part, he hopes people grasp the sadness and feel the anger of messing up a relationship and the toll that can take on someone.
“I was definitely tough on myself with the acting part, but I felt the character and what he was going through, and that was important to me,” Bowen said. “Love the overall feel with the colors and movement of the film. It’s such a dramatic presentation, in my opinion, that I’m truly proud of.”
His favorite moment, he said, actually came during a fight with his on-camera love interest.
“The scene where we are arguing on the bed is an actual argument,” he explained. “I just couldn’t understand why she didn’t want a vodka with me. Turns out she prefers tequila.”
Bowen has been a singer-songwriter for more than two decades. He loves country music but admits he likes it more sometimes than others. He’s six studio albums into his career. His popular songs, including “‘Til It Does,” “Who I Am” and “West Texas Rain” have helped him garner nearly 225 million streams and thousands of headlining shows.
- CMT Roundup: New Music from Keith Urban, Jenna Paulette, Scotty McCreery and moreFind this week's newest country songs on CMT's Roundup playlist.03/01/2024
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024