On Friday (May 14), the Grand Ole Opry opens its venue to full-capacity audiences for the first time in more than a year since the start of the pandemic. Among those appearing on the lineup are Lorrie Morgan, the Oak Ridge Boys, and CMT Next Women of Country Class of 2021 member Brittney Spencer, who will make her Grand Ole Opry debut.
The Opry will continue to follow enhanced COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including requiring masks for all guests as well as Opry House operations and production staffers, and will provide enhanced cleaning practices.
This weekend's lineup continues with country trio Lady A making their first performance as Opry member on Saturday, May 15. That evening will also include a performance from Opry member Morgan, as well as Ryan Hurd, who will make his Opry debut. On Saturday, May 29, the performers will include Opry members Luke Combs and Chris Young as well as Lauren Alaina.
The Opry will also celebrate a big milestone on October 30, 2021, as it hosts its 5,000th Saturday night Opry. Over the past year, the Opry has kept its show going uninterrupted for 29 weeks amid the COVID-19 pandemic, welcoming performers to play to audiences via livestream, even as the in-house venue seating remained empty due to COVID protocols. In June, the Opry will commemorate this unique time in the Opry's history with the release of a limited-edition vinyl LP titled Unbroken | Empty Room, Full Circle on June 4, exclusively at opry.com and the Opry's Nashville-based retail outlets. The LP will include performances by Luke Combs, Reba McEntire, Darius Rucker, and more recorded live from the Opry stage in front of an empty house.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024