Singer/songwriter and father of two, Aaron Henningsen, is sick. Doctors don’t know why.
Henningsen is one-third of family trio The Henningsens. The group, which also consists of father Brian Henningsen and his daughter Clara Calaway, is responsible for writing a string of The Band Perry hits and was signed to a record deal at Arista Nashville. Their self-titled debut album that included their hit “American Beautiful” was released in 2013.
Over the years, the family retreated from the spotlight but shared their frustration over Aaron Henningsen’s medical situation on social media and asked for financial support via a GoFundMe campaign.
“My big brother is in need of help right now,” Calaway said. “These past few weeks have been a whirlwind. But even in the chaos and unknown, God has done nothing but perform miracle after miracle. Every time it seemed we’d get grim news, the Lord showed up. I’m in awe of how hands on and giving the body of Christ has been in this entire situation. God gets every ounce of Glory.”
Aaron Henningsen has suffered from the “mystery illness” for two weeks. He has been to multiple doctors with various symptoms, including rashes, fevers, dehydration and delusions because of lack of sleep and medication. He’s currently admitted to a Nashville-area hospital to receive treatment.
“Aaron still has to undergo a lot of recovery but we have no doubt that his health will be completely restored in time,” Calaway said. “God has proven Himself to us through this whole experience and He’s not about to stop now.”
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024