Dolly Parton is 75, but she's not slowing down.
On Thursday, the Guinness World Records association presented Parton with three new certificates in Nashville.
One of the certificates dubs her the female with the most decades spent on the US Hot Country Songs chart (seven). The second certificate recognizes her as the country female with the most No. 1 hits on the Billboard US Hot Country Songs. The third Guinness World Record acknowledgment is for having the most hits on the chart in general, with 109 on Billboard.
"This is the kind of stuff that really makes you very humble and very grateful for everything that's happened," Parton told the Guinness World Records association. "I had no idea that I would be in Guinness World Records this many times! I am flattered and honored. I've had a lot of people help me get here. Thanks to all of you and all of them for helping me have all of this."
Parton's hit song parade started in 1967 with "Dumb Blonde" and others and stretches to now with her latest collaboration with Reba McEntire on McEntire's hit "Does He Love You."
"I've loved being able to make a living in the business that I love so much," Parton said. "I've been so fortunate to see my dreams come true, and I just hope to continue for as long as I can. You're going to have to knock me down to stop me!"
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024