CMT’s Weekly Roundup of new hits this week features some surprising and truly welcomed new sounds from the genre's most iconic and beloved voices.
Click here to take a listen to the following tunes.
Reba McEntire - I'm A Survivor (La Femmebear Remix)
Bay Area-based songwriter, DJ, and producer La Femmebear serves up a country-trap style take on "I'm a Survivor," the Oklahoma-born country legend's 2001-released single that also doubled as the theme song of her long-running broadcast TV sitcom (and currently a Tik-Tok favorite). In regards to re-visiting her classics for the October 8-releasing REVIVED REMIXED REVISITED box-set, McEntire tells Variety, "[these albums] revisit and work the catalog and remind people of what we’ve done in the past. I’m really a forward thinker, so that was a little out of my realm."
Dan + Shay - Steal My Love
As the well-regarded vocal tandem release their new album Good Things, among the new material is "Steal My Love," which is hoped to match the success of pandemic era favorites like lead single “10,000 Hours” with Justin Bieber, plus “Glad You Exist,” a recently certified Platinum in Canada, plus Billboard Country and Mediabase Country chart favorite.
Trisha Yearwood - I Dare You To Love
Three decades into her storybook career and country queen Trisha Yearwood shows no signs of slowing down with her latest single, "I Dare You To Love." The song has both been recorded by Yearwood and Kelly Clarkson -- Yearwood as an emotive ballad -- which the vocalist who is celebrating a three-decade-long career this year tells A Taste of Country, "I just -- I love the song. And I don't want it to go away. So it's like, as many lives as it can get, I'm for."
Toby Keith - Oklahoma Breakdown
Toby Keith's latest, "Oklahoma Breakdown," is an uptempo rocker about hanging down by the riverbed with a love interest. Feeling like a song ideally suited for late summer entertainment, the announcement of Keith's Labor Day co-headlining concert with fellow veterans Alabama feels directly in line with the vibes from this track.
RaeLynn - Only In A Small Town
Powerhouse vocalist RaeLynn's latest is ultra-relatable and down home country pop track "Only In A Small Town." Name brand drops of WalMart and McDonald's don't feel like brand sponsorship nods. Rather, talk of purchasing discount goods and unapologetically eating McNuggets are the type of fanciful and earnest songwriting turns upon which RaeLynn can base her growing career success.
- CMT Roundup: New Music from Keith Urban, Jenna Paulette, Scotty McCreery and moreFind this week's newest country songs on CMT's Roundup playlist.03/01/2024
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024